Friday 8 May 2015

isabella kramer week #19

.
 


2015 © ISABELLA KRAMER

ICELANDIC POPPIES

SIZE: 9,4 in. x 12,6 in. - 24 x 32 cm
PAPER: HAHNEMUEHLE  - MOULD-MADE ROUGH 600 g/m²
COLORS: ALL DANIEL SMITH - PERMANENT ORANGE - QUINACHIDRONE CORAL - SAP GREEN - MAGENTA BLUE HUE - HANSA YELLOW LIGHT - ULTRAMARINE BLUE 



1. step with Masquepen 




This is the first year I've planted Icelandic Poppies in my Garden. These are beautiful and daily surprising plants. Every day there are blossoms appearing in  a new color. The vast and yet so delicate blossoms reminds me of ballerinas and I could paint them again and again. 

For Olivia's monthly Challenge I use a fine pen with drawing gum for the contours. Then I make my washes wet in wet on this really heavy and marvelous paper.

Wish you all a very happy weekend and of course may 

color and light be with you

xo, isabella 













..