Tuesday 23 June 2015

isabella kramer week #26




2015 © ISABELLA KRAMER

LARKSPUR & ROSES

SIZE: 24 in. x 18 in. - 61 x 46 cm
PAPER: ARCHES - HOT PRESSED 300 g/m²
COLORS: DANIEL SMITH - MANGANESE BLUE - ALIZARIN CRIMSON - VIRIDIAN - QUINACRIDONE BURNT ORANGE - MIJELLO - AUREOLIN 


Hi dear Washing Girls and dear Watercolor Friends,
it's finally Summer and so it's time to enjoy the full range of blooming flowers everywhere. For me each year is a really highlight the nearly 80 inch high Larkspur (Delphinium) and the Roses at his feet in my garden. So I take again the for me unusual hot pressed paper and start with a very loose wash.  It's a complicate plant and I wouldn't overload the painting with too many details. I think it's nearly finished, perhaps some more dark accents, putting the whole painting together and that's it. You can find my finished painting at my blog


Wish you all a very happy rest of the week, 
and of course 
may color and light be with you. 


xo, isabella