Tuesday 15 September 2015

isabella kramer week #35


Hi and bonjour dear watercolor friends,

I spend some unforgettable days at South France. Silence, sun, awesome dinners and discoveries of beautiful and inspiring places.  
Now I can't wait to start with a first experiments to put these southern mood on paper. I paint very light the buildings and trees in the foreground. Then putting masking fluid on the windows and light points. Loose washes with DS Quinachidrone Gold and Cobalt Teal Blue and (a wrong!!) Pyrol Red (all DS). I don't like it with the two other colors, it's not warm enough for the perfect southern feeling, but now I had to make the best of this situation. I added Salt for an interesting background and structures on the old buildings. Take a glass of Rosé from Porquerolles and wait. 





 Now the painting is really dry and I can remove the salt.  I added some darks mixed with Cobalt Violet and Cobalt Teal Blue build up the tree with mixing SAP Green with Quinachidrone Gold. 

this version I loved most 


Finally I lift the masking fluid and add some dark and contours. I think I had to stop earlier with this painting. It's overworked. But that's the way: 

SUCESS IS FALLING NINE TIMES 
AND GETTING UP TEN.

- BON JOVI

.



2015 © ISABELLA KRAMER

LES COULEURS DU SUD

SIZE: 9 in. x 12 in. - 23 x 30,5 cm
PAPER: FABRIANO ARTISTICO - 100% COTTON COLD PRESSED  300 g/m²